Saturday, August 6, 2011

Five Years!!!

Wow, the past 5 years have flown! I can't believe Justin and I just celebrated our 5 year anniversary this week! It really hasn't seemed like it's been that long (which isn't really very long, but still...)

Since it was our 5 year (huge milestone!) I wanted it to be more of a big deal than some of our others. Even in the past we always reserve time without the kids for just us, but some years it's camping or a stay-cation. This year was so fun and we definitely enjoyed the short time together without the kids.

Monday night we took the kids down to their Grandma and Grandpa Ropelato's house. We knew they'd have fun there, especially playing with Ivy and Zaden each day! It was weird going to bed without checking on the kids first and even waking up on our own without Mya standing right there saying she wants breakfast. We slept in a little then went out for breakfast at Village Inn. I love going out to breakfast. It's just a small luxury to me that I don't get very often, but absolutely love it when I go. After breakfast, we hit a couple of stores and headed home to pack. After packing we stopped for dinner at Texas Roadhouse and then headed out for our relaxing night up at the Alaskan Inn.

We absolutely loved the Alaskan Inn. We stayed in the Totem room and I loved it. It seemed more of a normal room which was what I was looking for (not too decked out in their theme) and it had a King...definitely a requirement when I was looking at the rooms. We loved it. You could definitely tell you were in Utah! When you go in the room, it has an ice bucket with sparkling cider and the coffee maker had hot chocolate packets with it. The entire night was just relaxing and we woke up to breakfast delivered to us. We for sure want to go there again some other time.

When it was time to check out, we headed up to Logan....but decided to try the back roads/short cut from Huntsville. It cuts right through the mountains and is mostly dirt road, but it was a nice change and was cool driving through the mountains. We went to the temple, then went to lunch, then headed home.
I had Justin drive through Brigham City on the way home so we could check out the temple being built. It will be awesome when it's finished. Once home, we went and bought Justin a tree (one of his Father's Day gifts we just hadn't gone to pick out yet), then picked up the kids.

Since this was the day that was our actual anniversary, I made a nice dinner. I went to Don's Meats and got some LasVegas steaks, made garlic mashed potatoes, sauteed vegetables and then made a cake for dessert. It was seriously the best couple of days together!

Justin got me gorgeous flowers! I loved them. Have you heard of Love-Actually? I went there for my idea (wish I could say it was my original idea, but it's not) and ended up giving Justin the 5 senses gift. I love Justin so much and am so blessed to have him and him choose me forever! Love you lover!

No comments: