Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Me & My Guy!

With two kids, I feel like the one-on-one time with Justin gets lost amongst everything else going on. A lot of times lately, our time together is putting a movie on late at night while we're in bed and falling asleep to it. So any chance I get for a time with just me and Justin, I jump all over it. Last week groupon had a deal for tickets to the Real Salt Lake game. It was $55 for 2 tickets, Parking, 2 beanies and hot chocolate. I had $25 in groupon bucks so the deal ended up costing me $30. I was so excited and last night was the game! It was way fun and they ended up dominating the game and won 4 to 1.

About a month ago, Justin's work needed more trailers delivered to LA and asked Justin to deliver them. Right away I started working things out with the kids and work so I could go with him. Our plan was to go to the Los Angeles Temple while we were there, but since we weren't staying in LA and we had been driving all night, we just felt gross and opted to make a date soon to go to the local Ogden Temple. Since this was our time together, I sort of wanted to make a little vacation out of it so I talked Justin to driving to the ocean after dropping the trailers off. The closest beach from where we were? Malibu. I had never been in Malibu before and it was like another world driving through it. A permanent vactation lifestyle for very wealthy people. It was really fun seeing the houses and beaches and beach houses. At one point I told Justin I would love to have a tour guide sitting right next to me because I was sure we were driving by interesting stuff...well, I did my homework when I got home and mapped out where we drove and these are the houses we drove by:
Jennifer Aniston's beach house, Demi Moore & Ashton Kutcher's, Janet Jackson's beach house, David Spade's, Cortney Cox and David Arquette's former house and Paris Hilton's house she rented. Then there were some names I didn't know:
Lloyd Bridge, Kristin Cavalleri's beach house from the Hills, Jerry Bruckheimer, Terry Semel, and Jeffery Katzenberg.

When we got to Malibu, we went to the beach. Right away I noticed this mansion on the hill overlooking the ocean.
My immediate thought was someone famous must live there. I did a little reasearch and it's actually a $35 million home.Here's a link with some info about the house and the person who owns it: African Greed

We hung out for a little while on the beach watching the surfers and waves. Very relaxing. On the way home we stayed in Mesquite. I seriously love those long drives with Justin. We get so much talking in and no interruptions from kids. Our next date??? I think we'll go see a movie...

3 comments:

Natalie said...

notice the soccer picture of nat and me, you don't just get a neck like that from having a wife that can't cook.

amity said...

i love date nights!! wow the trip to california sounds awesome. i love driving with just jared in the car. we really have our best conversations in the car with just the two of us. btw, you look absolutely beautiful in the pictures of the two of you at the beach!!

Lauren Graff said...

Nat! Your trip looked so fun! You two are such a cute couple!