Friday, March 18, 2011

Happy Green Day!

Mya told me she didn't like to call it St. Patricks day so we would just call it green day. All day she went around saying Happy Green Day! She asked me when it would be orange, yellow, and blue day....

St. Patricks is one of those holidays I overlook. I love holidays, but small ones like St. Patricks and April Fools get forgotten. There's years I've showed up to my sisters house and I didn't even know it was St. Patricks or April Fools day. So, now being a mom, I have to make a big deal and actually remember all of the holidays. So, what did we do?

Breakfast: Mya just wanted Froot Loops, so we used a green bowl, green spoon, and green cup.

Lunch: Lisa's leftovers...green dye in the pasta alfredo Mya wanted to eat.

Dinner: I made sure I went green for dinner. Green spaghetti noodles, green salad, green garlic bread, and green slush. (Looks disgusting, I know, but it tasted delicious! Those are Picky Palates stuffed meatballs...I would make some changes...once I do I'll post the recipe).

Dessert: Sugar cookies with green frosting.
We wore green. Played Candy Land (I know, has nothing to do with green, but I bought it and Mya got to play it for the first time). Ended the day with green tongues (thank you food coloring).

It was a fun day. Mya told me that she LOVES Green Day!

No comments: