We changed our lesson schedule in Young Womens so I only teach once a month. After I teach a lesson, I always like to see what my next lesson is...I usually don't read through it, just look at the title. Well, the next lessons were combined and I had Temple Endowment and Preparing to go to the Temple. Wow! I felt like that was such a huge lesson...so important. The temple is something I hold close to my heart and am so thankful for. I didn't stress, but worry a little because I wanted my message to be clear and have it hopefully make an impact on the girls because the temple is so important! Within a week, I was at Lisa's and she had the song Virtue by Jenny Phillips playing on her computer when I got there...Lisa wasn't even there yet. As I listened to the song, I knew I needed this song for my lesson. I hadn't even read through it yet so I didn't even know how I would tie it in...but I felt like the girls needed to hear the song. Another night I came across a movie put together by the idea door and same thing...but I still hadn't read through the lesson and had no idea how it would work out.I can still remember the temple lessons from when I was in Young Women's. I still have the picture of the temple I got from Amie, my leader, from that lesson. I started thinking about that and remembered these cute blocks Amie had done and put on her blog a few months ago. So I contacted her and she helped me get pictures of all of the temples (she does photography now) and got them to look really good for what I was wanting them for. I had asked all of the girls what their favorite temple was so it would be more personal and special for them. So I crafted it up and I loved how they turned out!
The lesson turned out great. Everything fell into place and I had so many girls and leaders come up to me and hug me or thank me in some way for the lesson. I really love my calling and I'm getting to know the girls better each week. The temple is so important and I'm so glad our family is sealed together and Justin and I are able to go there together!
No comments:
Post a Comment