Parker started showing signs of a cold hours after Mya did. I immediately went and bought another humidifier to go in his room so they could each have one going at night. This humidifier is amazing! Moisture was dripping from his walls and I couldn't see outside of his window it was so humid. When Mya started sounding like her cold was turning into croup, we had her sleep in Parker's room since his seemed like a sauna. Parker's cold never got way bad but Sunday and Monday he seemed the most miserable. He seemed feverish and so cranky. Sunday night he slept a total of 15 hours and seemed so much better the next day. I honestly thought that this was the peak of his cold because he hadn't gotten way bad up to this point. During his cold, he's had his moments where he would skip a bottle or be more clingy than other times, but overall, he was still an easy and just as smiley baby! There were 2 different occasions I saw him play with his ear, about a week ago and last night. But when I would start watching a lot to see if I should call the doctor, he'd quit. So I thought that maybe he was just playing with his ear or he had wax (this boy gets a lot of wax). Today we took him to the doctor's and the whole time he was just smiling at everyone and so happy. After the doctor checked his ears he asked us if Parker is always this happy then went on with a story about how his one boy was like that. He was always so happy and one time he had a cold for 2-3 weeks but Dr. Pruitt never got worried because he was happy the whole time. One day his wife called and asked him to bring his scope home because his son had runny wax coming out of his ears...so he knew that his son had had ear infections and they had ruptured. His son never lead them to think he was in pain or gave them any reason to think he had an ear infection. Then he tells me that Parker's ears are jammed pack and he's surprised his haven't ruptured yet. So then I if Parker has ear infections and he said, oh ya. On a scale of 1 - 10, he's a 10.
I feel so bad! He's probably been in so much pain. But that says a lot about Parker. He is the kind that is so happy and easy going. I just wish he would let us know...
Here's some pics from the 2 weeks they were both sick:



No comments:
Post a Comment