So, I know...Memorial Day was a ways away. But we finally have our computer fixed! So here I go...I'll just blog my little heart out.For Memorial Day we decided to make it a fun family day. I think this is one of the first years we've been able to do this. Usually Justin has something going on (I think usually boat towers) so we don't do a whole lot. But this year we had nothing. Now, when I plan these things, everything sounds good in my head...but not always does everything work out. I guess that's what makes the memories and laughs, though.
We decided to go fishing and feed ducks...up in Logan by the mouth of the Canyon. So when we got up there...it was a little packed. Did we get any bites? Maybe 1...no fish. Did we get to feed ducks? We fed some seagulls and saw ducks swim right by our bread. But Mya was determined to feed some ducks so she ended up throwing the entire loaf in the water. As I was sitting there, I noticed at least 12 slices of bread floating around us at one point. It was pretty funny. My thoughts...we could have just gone to the Clinton pond about 40 minutes closer (and probably a lot less crowded) and fished and actually fed ducks...but oh well. It was fun.

Then after I wanted to barbecue some hamburgers that I brought along and have dinner. We brought charcoal briquettes so we could use one of the park's grills. Well, that place was really crowded and they only had one in the middle of a whole bunch of people. So I had a back up plan of this park that I was 98% sure had one of those grills. We did find the park after driving around a little and...of course, no grill. I guess I was 98% wrong! So on to plan C - we would go buy some hamburgers and go to an elementary school I remembered seeing when I would go visit my friend Stacey so Mya could play on those toys. We got the burgers and went to that school...only the playground wasn't where I remembered seeing it because it was a Junior High! (Mind you, I just had a baby). But we saw a picnic table and thought that'd be nice so we still went there...Only the picnic table didn't have seats.

But you know, it was still so fun. We brought some balls to kick around and Mya had a blast with us. She told us when we left that she wanted to go to that park again...Sorry my dear...we may just have to go to one A LOT closer next time.
No comments:
Post a Comment