Saturday, March 7, 2009

More of Guatemala

I mentioned Mya was sick this day, so Justin made sure Mya was in the shade as much as possible:

We ate lunch at a resort in Guatemala. It was so pretty! There was a lake or bay or something right next to it. The food was so good! We had a little bit of everything. Chicken, fish (I actually liked it. It was breaded and it didn't taste like fish at all, more like chicken with a different texture), and beef and there were sauces you poured on them that was so good. Then there was rice, salad, fruit, and homemade rolls and I know I'm forgetting things. I loved eating lunches on the tours, they were so authentic.
This was the view from where we ate.
It was a very pretty resort!
We went swimming in the pool at the resort. We weren't in very long, just enough to cool Mya down.
The bus ride back. Mya got a doll (which I think we left on the bus! I looked everywhere and couldn't find it!) that her great-grandpa Ropelato bought her and a purse in Guatemala.
Guatemala was really mountainous. They talk about the high lands and the low lands in the Book of Mormon and it doesn't mean north for high and south for low like I have always pictured. It's because the low lands is like Mexico, where I had mentioned it was more flat and hot, and the hight lands is like Guatemala because there are such tall mountains and it's so much cooler there.
About to board the ship again. I loved this view getting off the ship that morning!

No comments: