Thursday, December 4, 2008

Give Thanks

This is a little late, but I have tons to be thankful for. Here are just a few:

I am so thankful for family! Since I've had Mya, I've realized how important it is to have family. Mya has changed my life so much. Especially after my miscarriage right before Mya, I realized that having a child is such a great gift Heavenly Father blesses us with. After my miscarriage and before I found out I was pregnant with Mya, it was really hard for me to go to church and see people pregnant and with babies. There was one girl with a newborn in relief society and I remember the relief society president going up to her and telling her "You know you are so lucky to have her" and that has stuck with me ever since. It struck me so hard realizing that it is such a privilege to have a child and to not take that for granted. Mya makes my life so happy. I love taking care of her and playing with her. I'm so thankful to be a mom and I am so lucky to have her!

Justin! He is just amazing! I am so thankful for my life with him. He teaches me so much and especially by example and testimony. He treats me so good! I couldn't ask for a better man to spend forever with.

The Gospel. My life is so happy because of the gospel. It gives me such a hope and I know my life would be completely different without it. Along with this, I'm glad for my life experiences and learning from mistakes or building testimony from experiences and watching other people's lives. Ever since I was little I was quick to learn from other's mistakes (even if this was just watching my brothers and sisters and what not to do so I wouldn't get spanked). I observe a lot and think about where I want to be in my life and what choices will get me there. I try to keep an eternal perspective and I am so thankful to my parents and teachers I've had that have helped make this an impact in my life.

There's more, but since I'm behind in blogging, I'll leave it at this.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

What about your boss? Aren't you grateful for her?