
Thanksgiving weekend was so nice! I loved that Justin and I both had Thanksgiving weekend off and didn't have to go back to work until the next Tuesday! Thanksgiving for us was at my parent's house this year. It was fun hanging out with the fam all day. I was even able to see Lauren and catch up a little with her...which I found out she is getting married this spring! I'm way excited for her!
Then Black Friday...Well I first woke up early (which I said I wouldn't do) to hit Sears before going up to Logan to spend the day. They had a carseat for way cheap so I got that! Every year it's Justin's family tradition to go up to Logan the day after Thanksgiving. We do breakfast, bowling, hang out (we do some Christmas shopping) and dinner and games. They meet up with another family they're way close with.


(Bowling...Mya loved going up with me and 'helping' me bowl. She really did help me though. I was usually doing better when I was holding her.)

All of this fun just wore her right out!
But towards the end of bowling my mom called to let us know that my grandma passed away. Well, she was really my step-grandma, but to me she was always "Grandma Wayment." They were married for 25 years, so to me she has always been my grandma. But she was so nice and always looked her best. If she was ever in her pajamas when we visited, she would just apologize. She was always making something. Usually crocheting. I remember one Christmas my grandpa made me a cradle for my doll and she made the bedding. She loved pink and jewelery-she always had jewelery on. I have a lot of memories of her...The latest is that she would always call Justin Josh. He didn't care, but she really seemed to like 'Josh.' Today was her funeral though and I'm really sad for my Grandpa. She was his world and I just hope that he will be okay with her gone and not there for him to take care of her.

Once the real work week started, it's been a lot crazier than I thought it would be. It's not quite over yet...I'm on the comittee for the ward Christmas party, so once it's Saturday afternoon, I think everything should be back to normal.
4 comments:
Sorry to hear about your grandma.
Rope! Sorry I am like the worst childhood friend ever! This is Christian. I was lookin at my wife's blog (and I'm sure this message will get to Justin through Natalie, so thanks!) But anyway man its good to see your family! Man it has seriously been so long. Too long! Well hey if you wanna see my wife's blog email us at rodiddee@gmail.com and we'll add you guys to her blog! Well bud you done good. Got yourself a beautiful family! and ps I can't believe Kevin is an RM and Braxton is out on a mish!! WOW. Anyway just thought I would drop a line and say hi!
-Christian
I love your picture at the top. So cute! Funny that Christian found Justin through his wife Marci's blog?
Thank you for inviting me! Your family picture is so cute. Mya is just darling!
I'm so sorry to hear about your Grandma!!
Post a Comment