1. Where did you meet? Blind date. This is actually a really funny/weird story. I met Justin’s mom through my work when she would come get vinyl lettering and she told me that she wanted to line me up with her son. I didn’t want to go on another blind date, plus I’ve had a mom set me up with her son before…been there, done that. Justin was dating another girl at the time and didn’t want to take me out either. So good, I thought that was over. Then my friend Rachelle visited Justin’s ward one Sunday and he found out we were friends and he wanted to set Rachelle and his friend up. Also, around the same time (I don’t know the sequence of everything), his uncle that he works with said something to Justin about a girl in his ward (me) that he should take out. Once Justin decided he would take me out, it was only to double with his friend and Rachelle (which they never went out again). Neither me or Justin were planning on getting in a relationship because I had kind of given up on that and decided to go on a mission, and Justin didn’t want to worry about a relationship during that school semester. But we hit it off right away and neither one of us even went out with another person after that.2. How long did you date before you were married? We dated 3 months and then got engaged. We were married 3 months later (so 6 months).
3. How long have you been married? Just over 2 years. Our anniversary was in August.
4. What does he do that surprises you? He’s pretty predictable, but once in a while he’ll just do something way sweet that I just love. Sometimes it’s flowers, other times it’s just a note, or fixing something or cleaning something while I’m gone. He’s sweet.
5. What is your favorite feature of his? His eyes and smile. His can always make me smile.
6. What is your favorite quality of his? He cares so much about others. He’s always putting others first and trying to make them happy.
7. Does he have a nickname for you? He’s always making up nicknames for me. Usually just Nat, but there’s Crap or Poop Face (I think it’s really funny) and Nat-for-brains (I don’t even know how he came up with that one) that he uses a lot, too. But he’s always giving me new ones.
8. What is his favorite color? He doesn’t have one.
9. What is his favorite food? Italian – There’s some dish an Italian lady made for him once and I would say that’s probably his favorite. I think it was some sort of baked pasta dish.
10. What is his favorite sport? Basketball
11. When and where was your first kiss? It was after our 3rd date. We went to dinner at Chili’s, then a Weber State hockey game, then back to his house to watch a movie. On the way home I so thought he was hinting that he was going to kiss me (but he claims he never thought about it) and he walked me to the door and gave me a kiss (he claims I was just giving him ‘the look’…Our stories don’t match up).12. What is your favorite thing to do as a couple? I like our date nights - probably that.
13. Do you have any children? 1 - Mya
14. Does he have a hidden talent? Probably…and is just not letting me know about it…
15. How old is he? 25
16. Who said I love you first? He did. We went to the cabin for the day and when we came home a way bad snow storm hit. It took us twice as long to get home. But when he dropped me off that night he told me.
17. What is his favorite type of music? Old Country. He’s like a grandpa already!
18. What do you admire most about him? His testimony and knowledge of the gospel. I learn a lot from him.
19. Do you think he will read this? Yes, he usually reads my blog.
1 comment:
thank goodness for blind dates! :)
Post a Comment