Tuesday, October 21, 2008

My Sick Little Girl!

Having my little girl sick was so sad today! Mya's never gotten sick other than allergies since she's been born, but not today. Mya woke up first at 2:30 this morning (which is not like her, she sleeps through the night) so I just brought her in our bed, then at 7ish she woke up and had a bottle...not long after, her milk was all over her, me and the bed. So at first I wasn't sure if it was a fluke because she was a spitty baby before solid foods, but not long after she was throwing up more. It got so bad that she wasn't going more than 15 minutes between purges and it was just all her body could do to get out just a little bit of stomach acid. I just felt so bad. I seriously just wanted to cry with her. But tonight, she is doing so good! She has had pedialite for the last 8 hours and hasn't thrown up in 7! Her personality is back, too. For a while there she wasn't even smiling and just with the look on her face you could tell she was miserable.

Holy cow I love being a mom! Even though I was washing bedding from both of our beds and had thow up in my hair, I loved staying home with her today, taking care of her and holding her. The only thing I did today was shower and get dinner in the crock pot, the rest of the day was hers. It's just this rewarding feeling of taking care of her and realizing how much you love someone to not even care about all of the negative. Anyway, I'm just glad she's better.

3 comments:

Trichelle said...

oh that made me so sad to read. I can't even imagine her being sick. she's always just big smiles...sometimes it is nice though huh?! you do feel so needed and also you realize just how much you do love them!

Rebecca said...

It's so hard to see your sweet baby be so sick! Poor little Mya. You are such a great mom Natalie. She's really lucky to have you.

Lisa said...

I too hate to see my kids sick, but love devoting the whole day to them. Megan and I would like to thank you for sharing the germs.