Saturday, February 5, 2011

25!

My birthday this year was great! Perfect, actually....well, almost. To make it perfect, I would have preferred Justin to be home from work, but considering he had to work that day, it was perfect. That day I woke up, told Justin good-bye and got ready for a fun day ahead! Once Mya woke up, I opened a couple of presents but left the others for when Justin got home (it killed her that I wasn't opening all of them, but I just wanted to wear a new shirt so I opened that one). That morning, we hit a movie. I took Mya to Tangled and dropped Parker off at my parent's. It was so fun going with Mya! A total girls day with my number one girl! She was in heaven and so was I with the one-on-one time I got with her...that never happens! I loved the movie just as much as the first time we saw it. After the movie, we stopped by to see Justin at work during his lunch, then picked up Parker. I had cancelled piano that day, so I actually got a nap in! After nap time, I enjoyed some cheesecake with my parents and Justin and headed out to dinner at the Brick Oven. The entire day was so relaxing and I could do whatever I wanted. Justin took over and got the kids ready for bed while I went and rented a movie for Justin and I to watch after the kids were in bed. It seriously was a Natalie kind of day...

Pictures from dinner...the kids LOVED it:
This got me thinking, 25! 25 sounded old to me when I was 19 and 20. But being 25, I don't feel it at all. I still feel like I'm 20 when I met Justin and it blows my mind that I'm married, have 2 kids and a house and all of the responsibility that comes with that! I met Justin a few weeks after I turned 20, so on my 20th birthday, if you were to ask me where I'd be in 5 years I would have said: maybe serve a mission and hopefully married with one or two kids and a stay at home mom. Well, I'm pretty much there! I didn't serve a mission, but that'll be saved for one day with Justin. It's crazy how fast the last 5 years have flown! I love my life, Justin, and the family we've started!

No comments: