Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Parker's Blessing

The 4th of July was very memorable this year. The entire weekend I was busy getting things ready for Parker's blessing. But I really wanted to make sure we took Mya to fireworks Saturday night. Of course, I forgot my camera for the fireworks, but Mya is so fun to watch fireworks with! She got so excited with every firework and would shout out either Whoa, Wow, Ooh, That one almost scared me a little bit, or Oh wow, that was a big one! So cute! We went to Hooper's fireworks and there were actually no mosquitos because there was a breeze. But I was really glad we made sure between all of the busyness that we went to those. Before fireworks, Justin took Mya to our friend's house for a barbeque and she loved it. I had planned on going, but everything was taking twice as long as planned that day.

So on the 4th we blessed Parker. The day couldn't have gone better. Everything went really smooth that morning and sacrament meeting was so great. I of course cried. There's something about blessing your baby...the spirit is so strong! Then after people came over and we had a breakfast. We had cinnamon rolls, doughnuts, muffins, banana bread, cake, breakfast bakes (which, I'm putting the recipe on the side of my blog since I've had a lot of requests), fruit and lots of chocolate milk, orange juice, and milk. All of the food was yummy. I loved Parker's outfit. Such a stud! It really ended up being such a nice 4th of July weekend.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

He looks so studly in that tie! It was a fun day!

Rebecca said...

LOVE the outfit, looks like lots of fun!