Thursday, May 13, 2010

1 Week Old

This first week home has been so great! I'll admit, I'm a little tired. I was getting a little too used to Mya letting us sleep through the night and sleep in! But each night seems to get a little better with Parker finding a schedule.

Parker went to the doctor yesterday for his Newborn check up. He's doing so good! He's already over his birth weight! He weighed 7 lbs 7 oz and they like them to be back at their birth weight by 2 weeks old. When we were still in the hospital, his doctor told me that he was tongue-tied, but to watch him and decide if we wanted to get his tongue clipped. The cons of not getting it clipped would be harder for him to nurse and he could have a speech problem when he gets older. We decided to just have the docter clip it yesterday and I'm really glad we did. He only cried for 2 seconds after they clipped it and it had completely quit bleeding after about an hour. He's doing great and he's practically perfect! We haven't had to worry about anything about him so far!

Mya's doing so much better now! Yesterday, it was like a switch just flipped and she's just been her sweet self again. I love this! I love spending the days with my two sweethearts!

No comments: