With only 2 weeks left until I have this baby, I get asked a lot how I am feeling. So you want to know? Here you go:
•I'm Anxious and Excited to meet this little guy. I'm excited to hold him in the hospital and to introduce him to his big sister. I know Mya will be such a great helper. I'm not in denial though...I know the day will come when she gets jealous and realizes that he's here forever and it's not just her and her mommy and daddy anymore.
•Big. That is almost an understatement. Most of the time I feel so tight and this little baby is in my ribs a lot more than Mya ever was. My back and feet are a constant pain with the added weight. Then there's always the clothes that remind me how big I am or the pictures I see of me. I try to avoid being in pictures at this point because when I see them, I think "Holy Cow"...literally. I do have a pregnant walk sometimes. It's usually when my feet hurt (I'm pretty sure I have a stress fracture) or have been sitting down for a while. If I think about it, I don't walk that way, but every once in a while, someone will make a comment and I'll realize I was waddling.
•I'm Determined that once I have Parker, to be quicker in losing the baby weight than I did with Mya. I'm bigger with Parker and was devastated last week when I woke up to stretch marks on my stomach (which I never got any on my stomach with Mya). I think I'm just so tired of being big that I'm gun-ho about losing this weight this summer.
•I feel so Blessed to have this baby. To think that Heavenly Father trusts me to raise and teach this little boy (and Mya) is overwhelming. I honestly love being a mom and it's always a little struggle to get these babies here for me that when I do, I can just appreciate them even more.
•Good. I really feel good considering I'm 9 months pregnant. I'm not sick (other than allergies). I see other women who are larger than I am who are as far along as I am (or not quite as far) and I know that they're probably feeling worse then I am. I'm a little tired now and then, but not bad. Hot-but that's to be expected.
Am I ready? Yes. There's not enough on my to-do list to prolong his coming anymore. His room just has a few small things left and my calling is all lined up for subs for when I have this baby. When the doctor asked me if I would like to plan on being started a week early with Parker like I was with Mya, there was no hesitation at all. He's scheduled for the 3rd. If I have him before, then great, but the 3rd is the end of my tunnel.
Am I nervous? Not really. At least, not anything like I was with Mya. I probably will be the night before we have to go up to the hospital, but mostly I'm just anxious to get him here. If I'm nervous about anything, it's that something will go wrong. But at this point, the chances are really small so I don't really think about it and so I'm really not worried about it. I have my trust and faith in my Heavenly Father that things will work out how He needs them to.
So now it's just the waiting game. At least we still have enough on our calendar that the time will hopefully pass quickly. My goal for the next two weeks is to finish up my list and spend as much time as possible with Mya.
1 comment:
you probably already do this but it's nice to have a "blessing" before going in. Takes the worry and stress right away. I can't wait for you to have your littl guy either. I'm excited to meet him. You're a great mom and wife!
Post a Comment