Friday, February 12, 2010

Good Night!

Oh the joys of pregnancy! For the most part, I like being pregnant. I like feeling the baby move, and it's fun once you get past the "is she fat or pregnant" stage. But pregnancy and I have not been getting along the last few nights! I'm a stomach sleeper...and with only 3 months left, it's definitely not comfortable to sleep on my stomach. My second choice would be my back-but you can't sleep on your back when you're pregnant. So I'm left to either of my sides, but that's not the most comfortable with a huge belly weighing you down in front. Last night, I kept tossing and turning trying to get comfortable, and finally when I figured it has to be 5 or 6, I got up to go to the bathroom, only to realize it wasn't even 3 yet! So I get a pillow to put between my legs and try to fall back to sleep. But no, how fun, I start getting heartburn, then the baby starts moving, like a twitching eye. Just enough to remind you it's there and consistant enough to bug you and keep your mind from falling asleep. Then Justin...poor Justin has to deal with me as I do this throughout the night. Two nights ago I mauled him trying to get comfortable. I'd wake up and my leg would be across him or my head would be on his shoulder. Once I'd wake up, I'd move over, but wake up an hour or two later doing the same thing. Two nights ago, he dealt with it, but I don't blame him for not wanting me to even touch him last night. At one point, I saw him run his hand down the middle of the bed to make sure I wasn't "crossing the line." Another point, my knee was touching him so he pushed it away. It doesn't even bother me...actually I'm laughing right now...it's like we're little kids who need to stay on their side of the couch and if your toe passes the line, then "I'm getting Mom." But holy cow, it will be nice when I can get my body used to sleeping on it's side so the only thing I have to deal with again is waking up to pee.

No comments: