Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Meet Willie & Maggie

These are our new rabbits! They're 6 weeks old and so cute! We got them on Memorial Day. Maggie is the white one and she is so calm. She loves being held and is always eating. Willie (named after Willie Nelson-thanks to Justin) does not like to be held. He likes to run around the yard, and once he goes, good luck catching him.
That first night we had them, Mya would walk up to them and squat down by them then just say "hi" with a little wave. Then she'd go up to the other one and do the same thing. She doesn't like to hold them. If I ever get her to hold them, it's really fast and sometimes I get nervous for the bunnies. She gets so jealous though! Yesterday I had both of them on my lap so I wouldn't be chasing them all around the yard and Mya pushed them off and sat on my lap to let them know that I was her momma. She's always so concerned if one hops behind a bush or somewhere she can't see it and wants one of us to go get it. It'll be fun having these rabbits and I think they'll be low maintenance pets that we can handle.

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

I forgot you had rabbits!! How fun! Hannah will want to spend the whole time at your house or Shanes 'farm';).

Dawn said...

I was wondering if you had the bunnies yet. They're cute!