Monday, June 1, 2009

My Mya


I've been thinking a lot lately how lucky I am to be a mom to Mya! I honestly think they can't get better or cuter than my little girl! (Of course, I'm a little biased). My favorite days are when it's just me and Mya doing whatever we want. About a month ago Mya and I had to run some errands on a Saturday and between stores she was getting a little grumpy and I realized she was probably ready for lunch. So we stopped at Wendy's and got her a kids meal and drove to the nearest park. We sat there and ate and then went and swang. It was not a scheduled stop and I think I didn't get everything done that day I had planned, but it was seriously the funnest day. I realized then how much I wanted to stay at home and have days like that every day, but with our situation I just can't yet. So after talking with Justin, we figured it'd be just fine if I cut one more day out of working and I now work only 3 days a week. Working 4 days a week was working, but Saturday was my errand day and Monday was my cleaning day, so I didn't feel like I was really concentrating on Mya and giving her all of the attention I wanted to give her. I love that the weather is warm now and I have so many plans in my head for things we can do this summer together. I just love that girl and she makes me laugh and makes me so happy! My favorite things to do with her are going to feed the ducks, playing in the back yard with our bunnies, going for walks, playing with dolls, shopping (she gets so excited over new clothes) and cuddling. The other night it was taking me a little bit to fall asleep and I just wanted Mya by my side so bad, and even though she was already asleep, I went and got her and had Justin scoot over in bed and had her sleep with us. I fell right to sleep cuddling with her but at 5:30 she was awake and let me know she wanted to sleep in her crib. By that point it was fine with me since she was starting to toss and turn a lot and kick...but lately I've been thinking how my entire life I've just wanted to be a mom and I am. I just really love that girl!!!

2 comments:

Dawn said...

You are a wonderful mommy Natalie. Mya is lucky to have a mom that wants to spend time with her and snuggle her. I hope it won't be long before you can stay home always. That was a sweet post. (it made me cry, but I know that doesn't surprise you)

Randee Mayes said...

You truly are an awesome mom!! I love to watch the two of you together and see the joy that you bring to each others lives. What a blessing children are!!! I can't wait for you to be able to stay at home too, it is soooooo rewarding. She one lucky little girl!!!