Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Conference Weekend

I have been looking forward to last weekend and the upcoming weekend. I just wanted a weekend where we would be able to spend time as a family. For conference on Sunday, we ended up going for a drive up Ogden Canyon and back through the North Ogden Divide. It was pretty with all of the snow and it was just nice to go on a drive and spend time together. Later that afternoon after dinner at Justin's parent's house, we went for a walk outside. Mya got to ride in Great-Grandpa's tractor (I wish I had my camera) then go pet animals. Mya has always been so scared of animals. She loves looking at the neighbors' dogs, but only from a distance. She never really wants to go check them out. But I think her fear of animals is over, or at least we've made great progress! We went to Justin's parent's neighbor's house and they have goats, dogs, horses, cats and kittens, and a pony. At first, Mya was shaking when we walked up to the horses. But by the end, she was voluntarily petting the horse's nose and wanting to touch the kitty (which we had to be careful because their eyes weren't even open yet). But she loved it and I need to just get her around animals more often and she'll be fine. I told Justin we could get a puppy, as long as it stays a puppy...It was just a fun weekend and I'm looking foward to Easter weekend!

No comments: