Saturday, February 28, 2009

New Orleans

I've been a slacker this week. I've wanted to post about our trip, but I have just had a lot going on, plus with jet lag I've been so tired and ready for bed around 9 every night (which is really early for me), so I haven't gotten around to doing this. But here I go.

So we left on Saturday/Valentine's Day. Our flight was delayed a little because of the snow storm here, but we flew to Atlanta which is about a 4 hour flight. We had a pretty long layover there and then flew to New Orleans. Mya did really good on the plane, except she pooped on both flights! Good timing. The doctor had given us a prescription to get ear drops for the plane ride and I think that really helped.
(Layover in Atlanta)

On Sunday, we didn't have to be on our ship until 5:30 that night, so our Book of Mormon tour group had set up a tour for that day if we wanted. We went to Oak Alley Plantation.
It was really cool with all of the oak trees.
We toured the mansion there and the girls who do the tours dress up from the time with the slaves.
They didn't really have any slave homes left on the plantation, but we did pass some plantations on our way to this one that had slave homes. It was a little drizzly there so it didn't seem hot at all, just humid.


After that, we got on the bus to go to our cruise ship! It was cool driving around New Orleans and kind of getting a feel for the area.
Mya liked hanging out with everyone! She definitely got a lot of attention that week!

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

So close to mi casa....wish I couldn've seen the cute little stink, and Mya :)