Monday, February 9, 2009
Chicken Pox?
A couple of weeks ago, Mya had her doctor appointment and had to get her MMR, chicken pox vaccine, polio vaccine, and they added Hep A vaccine since we're going out of the country. The doctor warned me that there was a chance in a couple of weeks that Mya could get a rash and a fever with reaction to the chicken pox vaccine, which could have been during our cruise. But she got it yesterday. Saturday night she did not sleep well. I was up with her about every hour after 4. I just figured it was her teeth coming in or she has bad dreams a lot, too. But in the morning when Justin was getting her ready for church, he noticed red dots on her belly. We had to keep her home since the paper we got about it said they can still be contagious to someone who hasn't had the chicken pox or the vaccine. Of course Justin points out that he doesn't have a lesson to teach in nursery so he could stay home with her (I had to teach in nursery). But she did really good all day. She was a little whiny now and then, but this morning it's already gone. I never noticed much of a fever on her. I'm so glad though that she reacted before we left so I didn't have to worry about her giving it to someone in the airport!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment