
Trichelle tagged me, here are the rules:
1. Go to your pictures
2. Upload 4th picture in the 4th folder
3. Post (explain?)
4. Tag your friends
This is right after Mya was born! I haven't written anything about this day, so this will mostly be for me. Holy cow, the memories from that day! We checked in the hospital at 9:00 am and 12 1/2 hours later, I had her! I was started at 10:30 and the labor only lasted 11 hours. And no, it wasn't awful labor for those 11 hours. Since I was started, we pretty much just hung out and watched movies until it was time to have her. At one point I told Justin to go get food because it was taking so long (he had Arby's)...while I ate ice chips and sucked on suckers. I think around 5:00 I had them start the epidural and it got more intense as the night went on. Justin did fine during labor, but the epidural is what got to him...actually, the epidural is what hurt the most, but it is so worth it! As far as actually pushing, it only lasted 45 minutes (which the nurse told me it usually lasts about 1 1/2 hours for most on their first child). It was really an amazing experience. She was born at 9:29 pm on Sunday, January 13th. She weighed 6 lbs 1 oz (or afterwards when they took her in the nursery, they told Justin she was really just 6 lbs flat, but I just go by what the initial weight was) and 18 inches long. Not long after, my parents came in and that's who took this picture. Then it was just us for the rest of the night. I was starving and so tired! The hospital had a "school lunch" packed for me. I've never been a fan of turkey sandwiches, but that was the best turkey sandwich I've ever had...and the chips and juice...It all tasted so good after all of that. After I ate, I slept for about an hour while Justin just held Mya and soaked it all in. Then I held her for a while...just stared at her, then we put her down and slept. I have such vivid memories of sounds and experiences from that night and the next few in the hospital. It was amazing!
I tag:
Lisa & Rebecca
2 comments:
well I know this won't surprise you but reading that brought tears to my eyes. We are so blessed!
You've been TAGGED! Go check out my blog for details! :)
Post a Comment