Wednesday, October 1, 2008

'Ol Kev's Home


Kevin came home today. There's something about homecomings that I love. I love watching the family's reaction (even though I'm part of the family this time). I love watching the mom and dad's anxiety to see their son, who you can just tell are so proud of him. Then there's the little brothers and sisters. They can't leave him alone, and the thing is, the missionary doesn't mind it since he hasn't seen them for 2 years. Kimi and Jared were way excited to see Kevin. You could tell he really didn't mind being mauled. Then there's Ivy, who was so excited and has been talked to about Kevin for the last two years, but doesn't really remember him in person. She was so excited to see him, but once she did, she didn't really know what to do and it took her a minute to warm up to him. The other brothers and sister in this case are just excited to see him and the hugs that are exchanged are so...I don't know. I just love watching it.

It was way cute with Mya. She doesn't like strangers and it usually takes her a little bit to warm up to men, but she went right to Kevin and and let him hold her for quite a while.
WELCOME HOME KEV! We're all glad you're back!

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

Wow...what a cool day for the family! I can't believe it's already been two years. (Probably seems like 5 for Justin's mom). I remember him leaving after Ella was born...and it still only feels like we've only had her for a few months. (Although I know she's 2)

Dawn said...

That was a wonderful day! I like your new background. I almost picked that one when I saw it, but decided to just leave mine. You have good taste! Course I knew that when you chose my son! :)

Anonymous said...

It must have been the missionary badge! Mya warmed up to him quickly because she knew he was a missionary! Actually, maybe it wasn't the badge. Maybe it was his countinence, a.k.a. "the missionary glow"! Regardless, great job Kevin and welcome home!