Tuesday, July 22, 2008

I Love Being A Mom


Okay, although this picture was way awkward when my sisters were taking this (Now look down at Mya, smile a little, your hair's in your face...) one of my favorite things is when Mya cuddles up to me, sucks her thumb, and falls asleep. I love the feeling of having someone so dependent on me, loves me so much unconditionally, and has one hundred percent trust in me that I'll take care of her and do what needs to be done to keep her safe and happy. I never would have imagined that being a mom would be so amazing. It kills me that in a couple of weeks we'll be leaving her for 2 nights for our anniversary. One of my favorite moments with her is holding and rocking her and singing her to sleep. And of course her kisses she loves to give now! I love Mya's slobbery kisses! But all of the greatness of being a mom makes up for when she wakes up in the middle of the night or her fussiness because she is just tired. I love being a mom!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Years down the road you will thank us for making you pose for this priceless picture. So cute!

Rebecca said...

Love your shirt...looks familiar. Good pic!