Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Kids Say...

Mya has had me laughing so hard lately with the funny comments she'll say.

On Sunday, we were getting out of the car and her new thing she likes is if we unbuckle her and she gets herself out and climbs up to the front seat to go out those doors. So before she started to climb up front I asked her to get her purse and hand it to me. So she did, then I said to hand me her blanket and back pack so I could carry them out, too. Her response...."No Thank You" and just kept climbing up front. I was so surprised, I had no comment back and just laughed. She's tried it a couple times since, though, and it hasn't worked as well as the first time.

I was in my room the other day and Mya walked in and asked me, "A little help?"

Mya was at my mom's while I was at work yesterday. Mya went to the front window and asked:
Mya: "Where's my mom?"
My mom: "At Lisa's house working"
"Why?"
"To make some money"
"Oh, my dad's at work getting money, too."

The latest is today's. Mya's so into princesses, but to her, the prince is just as important as the princess. She's always talking about "dancing with the prince at the ball" and loves the ending in Cinderella where they get married. Today we watched Sleeping Beauty. She just stared as they danced in the woods together and then she asked me if they were going to get married. I told her they would at the end of the movie. Well, in that movie, it ends with them dancing, but it's just assumed that they'll get married. So the movie got over and I turned it off. Mya just started crying because she didn't get to see them get married. After I explained to her that they'll get married after they dance, but it doesn't show it, this was our conversation (while she's still crying very dramatically):
Mya: "I want to get married!"
Me: "You want to get married?"
"Ya, I want to get married."
"You will one day when you're a big girl."
"I want to get married-I AM a big girl!"

1 comment:

Lauren Graff said...

haha she is so funny! I love this post! And I love how girly she is--just like you!