Monday, November 9, 2009

My Sweet Mya

So Mya will be 22 months old this week and I'm not always good about writing down things she does (I'm especially bad with her baby book!). But I thought this way I can put down some things about her for us to remember.

1 - She's very polite. She almost always says "please" and "thanks" for things. I hardly have to remind her anymore to say thanks when someone does something for her or gives her something. I've noticed the last couple of days when I tell her thanks, she now says "yep"...I guess that's her way of saying You're Welcome.

2 - She loves to eat! You wouldn't know it since she's under the 5th percentile in weight, but she really is a good little eater. She'll go through small phases where she won't eat a few meals real good, but most of the time she eats most of what I give her. Her favorites: cheese, grapes/watermelon (most fruit actually), otterpops, mac & cheese, candy, and anything that can be dipped in ranch dressing.

3 - She's a tease! I don't think there are many 1 year olds that understand the concept of sarcasm or teasing. She's always joking (like saying Joe's here and laughing at herself because she knows he's not) and going to give Justin a hug then running away. Justin loves when she runs up to him and gives big hugs, but it really doesn't happen that often. Usually she's hiding for him to come find her when he gets home. Lately she's been in a really goofy phase and it's so fun. She's always laughing at herself and making us laugh!

4 - She's so helpful! She loves to help me with anything. She loves helping me "wash" things and put her toys away. If I give her a task to do, she's almost always more than willing to do it. I think she realizes sometimes that it's easier for me to just do it so she'll be more reluctant to do it, but that's not very often. She loves helping Justin outside or in the garage, too.

5 - She's very sensitive. She cares a lot about others! If someone is sad, she gets really concerned and sometimes starts making herself cry, too. Whenever someone's hurt or upset, she'll stop whatever she is doing to pay attention to that person and it takes a lot for me to convice her that they'll be okay. Along with this, she is a girl and has feelings herself. For example, one day she was teasing my sister telling her she was "Coo Coo." My sister came back with "Mya's stinky" and at first Mya just smiled and said no. But later came to me crying because she was stinky. Oh, my sweet little girl got her feelings hurt. It won't be the last time.

6 - She's so loving and affectionate. She loves to cuddle and give hugs and kisses. She'll get in these big kissy moods and it's so cute. She loves being held and loves cuddling especially right after she wakes up, is getting tired, or gets hurt or her feelings hurt. I love this and have since she was born! I'm a cuddler so I always hoped my baby would be.

She makes things so fun and we just love her a ton!

1 comment:

Dawn said...

oh yes we love Mya. She is such a sweet little thing.