Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Porter Update


So thanks to all of you who have been keeping Porter in your prayers. Every day there seems to be some progress. The latest is that his is still hooked up to the breathing machine, but is doing most of the breathing on his own, the machine is on stand by and will kick in when it needs to. Yesterday my sister was finally able to hold him! I can't even imagine what she is going through! He's on antibiotics still. I don't know all of the details, but basically what happened was that he had his first bowel movement before he was born, and ended up getting all of that in his lungs. When he came out, he wouldn't breath on his own and had to put him on a ventilator. He was really sick and they had to watch him so close to make sure his lungs wouldn't collapse and had to watch for heart strain. They're hoping he will get to come home in a week! What a hard and scary road! Rebecca is so strong and I can't wait to go visit her, Porter and the rest of her family in a few weeks!

3 comments:

amity said...

i had no idea your family was going through this until i glanced at your blog. kalie went through the same thing when olivia was born. she spent a week in the nicu an hour away from her house. she pulled through though and all was well and still is. i will pray for your nephew. he is beautiful.

Rebecca said...

Thanks for the post Nat. I can't wait until you come out here and you can see just what a fighter he is. Hopefully he'll be home by then and we can enjoy holding him and watching your adorable little Mya!

Dawn said...

I put Porters name in the Temple last night. He is in my prayers!