Saturday, July 18, 2009
"Dad, Please?"
I may have already told some of you this, but I don't want to forget it. We've been teaching Mya to say please lately and she's picking it up pretty good. After doing this for a couple of days, we were sitting down at dinner and Justin had his phone out texting someone back. Mya was sort of whining for the phone, but we both ignored her until I heard, "Dad...Please?" She said it so cute and of course she got the phone. Another day we were driving up the road and she wanted her juice so I reminded her to say please and gave it to her. About 5 minutes later, Justin and I were talking and then I heard, "Juice Please." I just can't believe how much she understands and she's just so big to me every day. The last one was that same night afer we got home. It was after 10:30 and Mya went and sat in her chair in the family room, grabbed her baby, juice, blanket and the movie Barnyard's DVD case, looked and Justin and pointed to the TV and said, "Please?" Justin was a push over so Mya was up until almost 11:15 (her bedtime is 8:30) watching that movie. Her eyes were so glazed over watching it because she was so tired, so I was the party pooper and said she had to go to bed before the movie was over. I'm pretty proud of her for picking this up, though!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment