Sunday, March 1, 2009

Aboard The Cruise

There was a lot to do on the cruise, especially if you drink or gamble. But for us, we went swimming one night, went to an improv comedian show, and went to classes for the Book of Mormon group. The classes were either John Lund lecturing or Michael Ballam's concerts. I liked both a lot. John Lund had so much information to give us. The things I learned from him about where the Book of Mormon had to take place (I guess some people believe they lived in the Great Lakes area so he gave us a lot of reasons why in the Book of Mormon it could not take place from there) were really cool. One example was about one of the wars in the Book of Mormon where the Lamanites wore loin cloths when they went to war and the time of year it had to have been would have been in winter and that would not work out up in that area because it's so cold up there in the winter (he also explained why it would have to be winter-I think he said January, but I'm not positive-but I can't really remember why he said, he talks so fast). Anyway, he just had a lot of cool facts. I'll tell some of his stories as I post pictures. Michael Ballam's concerts were really relaxing and he told of some cool experiences.

Another thing we did on the ship was going to the Chocolate Buffet. This was late at night and everything was made of chocolate (statues and decorations) and a couple of ice sculptures. Here are some of them:

Look at our plates! Everything looked so good so you wanted to sample it all, but really, not a lot was wonderful. Most things you took a bite or two, but only a couple of things were worth eating all of it. It was fun either way, though!

1 comment:

Trichelle said...

I love how you have separate blogs for the different activities. That's so fun...but i'm not up to changing mine.:( too much work and i'm with you on jet lag, who'd have thought? We were only an hour off, but my entire week was a mess trying to get settled back in.