Sunday, September 7, 2008

Labor Day Weekend


For Labor Day, we went to Brownie Lake in the Uintas. It's up by Flaming Gorge or Spirit Lake if you've ever heard of that. My family goes up there every year so it was Mya's first time camping. It was way fun! We didn't get up there until midnight Friday night, and my family ("bless their hearts" as Justin would say) waited up for us. So that night was just put up the tent, unloaded the SUV, and went to bed. Mya slept pretty much the entire way up, so we just had to lay her in bed and she slept the rest of the night.

On Saturday, we went for a drive, but mostly hung around the camp. Of course, we don't miss driving around for animals. We spotted (did I say we? I meant I) 4 deer and 2 bull moose...that was about all of the animals we saw while we were up there. Sunday my family did a breakfast with everyone and a dinner.

So we cooked a lot that day on our little stove we brought up. But there was also a lot of Horseshoe tournaments going on. I beat Jared! But then he practiced pretty much all day and I never won a game again. I played a game with Justin, which I almost won, but knocked my own ringer off to lose the game!

We also went on walks...I guess Mya got a little tired because we didn't go far and...
Sunday night was the big storm! We actually stayed really warm in our tent with all of the blankets I brought up (which Justin gave me a hard time for bringing up so many).

But it was so cold outside! There were patches of snow on the ground, our tent was drooping down with all of the rain and snow sitting on it, and my sister's awning even broke during the night. We stayed in the trailer a lot on Monday since it was so cold.

But I absolutely love it up there! The smells and just all of the memories. I still get excited to go up there, even if I do freak out a little when I hear footsteps outside of the tent, only to find out it was a couple of my nieces and nephews trying to toilet paper our tent. They did have an accomplice get our car though....who thinks she/he is still unnamed. But we'll get even...
The drive home was good. We saw so many deer! I think we figured around 40 or so. Mya was so good on the way home. She slept a lot, but when she was awake, she'd just talk to herself and make funny noises to keep her entertained. It was cute!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We're glad you guys came up! We all had a great time in spite of the storm. I can't believe that you made Mya wait seven months for her first camping trip! It was fun having her up there!

Dad