Monday, September 22, 2008

Date Night

So when Justin and I got married, we decided to make 3 rules after hearing advice and counsel from people. They were: 1. to never yell at each other 2. We always had to go to bed together (no sleeping on the couch, which means we couldn't go to bed angry) 3. we had to put aside one night of the week for a weekly date night.

Our dates aren't always going out to dinner and a movie. It's fun when we go out to dinner or go bowling, but a lot of times, it's getting a $5 pizza and watching a movie or playing games. The thing that I love is that we set aside one day of the week with no homework, cleaning, or making any other plans. That's the day for just us to spend time with each other. I've noticed that I really look forward to these nights. I think it really does help keep our marriage good and I love the fun memories we make. I was thinking about this last night (even though this wasn't our date night) when we stayed up late playing pinball and trying to beat each other's scores. I have so much fun with Justin and he always knows how to make me laugh. He had me in tears laughing so hard on Friday night. There was one weekend where I rented a scary movie (and I can't watch scary movies) because I thought it was a movie he had said he wanted to watch when we saw the previews...only to find out it was nothing like the movie he wanted to watch and he thought it was completely stupid and I was scared to death... But it's just nights like those that I love and so I just wanted to say thanks Love!

No comments: