Monday, August 4, 2008

Our Anniversary At Clear Creek

Yesterday was our 2 year anniversary. Justin planned the weekend to go camping at Clear Creek where he goes hunting. I'll have to admit, my expectations were pretty low for the weekend. All I remembered about the area was a lot of sagebrush. I didn't remember a lot of trees or anything pretty up there. Also, the week before, Justin went deer scouting up there with one of his friends. When they got back, they were showing me on their video camera the deer they had seen. After a little while of watching this, it starts showing a mountain lion, and the next thing was a rattle snake. Yeah, this didn't really help make the trip sound better. But we still went and I loved it!


First of all, the area was completely different than I expected. The campground up there was so pretty with the trees and we camped right next to the creek. It was actually a really peaceful spot. On Saturday morning, we got up at 5:30 and 4 wheeled up to the top of the mountain where Justin hunts to look at the deer and see the sunrise. It was actually really fun. I was nervous to see a rattle snake the whole time, but luckily never did! We saw quite a few deer, a fox, and yes, even a mountain lion! It was pretty cool and not scary like I thought it would be. We only saw it for about 30 seconds before it went into the trees. That night we went to dinner in Snowville at this small-town restaurant. It was way fun. Our friends from our ward were actually up there with us. They were planning on camping the same weekend we were, and all of the places they went to were full, so they came up with us. It was fun sitting aroud the campfire with them and playing games. Sunday we were going to wake up early again, but we were so tired that after we woke up at 5:15, Justin decided we could just go back to bed. We did go on a ride later that day to a different area. It was such a fun weekend and so nice to get away! Thanks Love for planning it and Kevin and Randee for coming up with us. We had way fun!

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

Justin, you are such a romantic guy! Mountain Lions and snakes. Kidding...it really does sound nice. I think Derek and Heidi celebrates their anniversaries the same.

Randee Mayes said...

Justin is a hottie tell him i love his perfect legs... this is Kevin by the way... i don't know if that makes it less weird or not.